Students will practice working with the formula for exterior angles of regular polygons. This worksheet includes many practice problems including an 'extend your thinking' bonus problem at the sheet's end.
1) Find the sum of the measures of the exterior angles of a regular polygon that has 720 sides.
What is the measure of a single angle?
2) Find the number of sides of a regular polygon each of whose exterior angles contains 72 degrees.
This is a 3 part worksheet:
- Part I Exploratory Activity(compass required)
- Part II Practice Problems
- Part IIIExtend your thinking problem asking the students to explain whether or not a problem involving a polygon's interior angles is actually 'solvable'
- Polygon's Interior Angles: This page provides an interactive tutorial,practice problems and visual aides