Student will practice writing the linear equations given various information. This worksheet is mixed review practice on writing the equations of parallel lines, perpendicular lines . An answer key is provided as well as the full work for all problems on the sheet.
- What is the equation of a line through the point (1,3) that has a slope of -2?
- What is an equation for the line that passes given the points (4,5) and (8, 3)?
- Write the equation of a line that is parallel to y = 2x + 3 and passes through the points (6,2).
- Write the equation of a line that is perpendicular to y = ½x – 6 that passes through the point (6,4)
- Write the equation of the perpendicular bisector that goes through the line segment with end points of A (2,1) and B (6, -3)?
This is a 3 part worksheet:
- Part I Exploratory activity using online resource
- Part I Model Problems
- Part II Practice Problems.
- Part III Fully worked out solutions (showing each step)
- Tutorial on how to write the equation of a line given slope and a point
- Tutorial on how to write the equation of a line given two points
- Tutorial on how to write the equation of a line given a parellel line and a point
- Tutorial on how to write the equation of a line given a perpendicular line and a pointt
- Tutorial on how to write the equatio of the perpendicular bisector of a segment